Sick days are the worst for a makeup lover, as I have been sitting in bed for a week counting down till I get better and can wear makeup again. Anytime I have a makeup hiatus for more than 3 days I find myself going crazy glam x 100 no matter what the occasion is. Side note – after being sick for weeks in bed, the day I had an ounce of energy I did a quick run to Whole Foods with a full face of makeup including highlight, contouring, red lips and false lashes.
But on to this day where I had a little more purpose than picking up green juices and organic fruit (little brothers university graduation & NYX event, to be exact). My look consisted of a long, black dress with blush heels which allowed me to be free with my makeup and with the sun shining bright this day I wanted my face to be just as bright and bold. Looks like this remind me as to how much fun and creative makeup can be and it’s always a good idea to switch out of your neutral looks and try something different!
Makeup details below.
- MAC “flock and roll” matte eyeshadow (pale pink)
- BH x Carli Bybel palette focusing on the two purples
- UD x Gwen Stefani “punk” (deep purple) to deepen the outer V
- UD x Gwen Stefani “pop” on the Lid
- NYX Vivid Liquid Liner in “Voilet” – I hoped it to be more purple but it ended up photographing a bit more blue
- Inner corner highlight –BH Cosmetics x Carli Bybel Palette
- MAC Lip Liner in “Vino” – filled it most of my lips
- Molly Cosmetics Liquid Lipstick in “Goddess” and blended it all in
- Highlight BH x Carli Bybel palette
- Blush – Vasanti sun peach glow