…and they’re off! This past Sunday marked the 157th Queen’s Plate held at the Woodbine Racetrack. The Queen’s Plate is one of the biggest Canadian horse races of the year and a day not to be missed. The Queen’s Plate is one of the best events of the summer filled with royal fashion, entertainment and of course the exhilarating electric atmosphere of the races. Outside the tracks is The Hats & Horseshoe Party which goes on all day with the cast of CTVs The Social on the main stage, food trucks and drink vendors and various tents to keep you entertained and provides the perfect photo op.
My favorite part of it all? The Rethink at the Races tent. I was fortunate enough to be invited into this VIP tent and let me tell you, it was the place to be. The theme “a vintage garden party” was apparent with the most stylish men and women in their most elegant day time glam, rocking the brightest pastels perfectly paired with the biggest and most royal fascinators, the Brits would be proud. And when you could stop gawking at the amazing style for a minute there was a little something for everyone.
- hr2 providing live watercolour sketches of your OOTD
- Her Majesty’s Pleasure with the manicures
- the MakeupBar doing touch ups (so necessary with the heat)
- Walter’s shoe care polishing your man’s shoes
- catered food, sweets table, popsicles, drinks, drinks and drinks
- betting stations (give your winnings to Rethink Breast Cancer, of course)
- silent auctions
- lawn games
- FLOWER WALL! – seriously the best photo wall I have ever seen!
If you missed out, mark your calendars for next July and start getting your outfit together! Keep up to date with Rethink Breast Cancer events on their website and leave a donation while you are there 🙂
Dress : Express clothing